For student safety and attendance purposes, please remember to call the school when your child is absent. Please help us by doing the following:
- Call the school each day your child is absent at 986-7160 and press 3.
- State your child’s name, then spell the name. State your child’s grade, teacher, your relationship to the child, and reason for the absence. Please be specific regarding the reason.
- Call before 7:50 AM on the day of the absence. Voice mail is available 24 hours a day.
- Furnish a doctor’s note if your child was seen by a doctor, dentist, orthodontist, etc. Doctor absences are coding differently in attendance records.
- Keep your child home for 24 hours if he or she has a fever of 100 degrees or more, is vomiting, or has diarrhea.
- Notify the office if your child will be out of town for an extended absence. Independent Study is available for students that are absent five or more days in a row. Please let the school know the exact dates of the known absence with at least two weeks’ notice.
For additional information excused absences are identified the PYLUSD’s Parent Information Handbook (Education Code 48205)