Golden Valet Program
Please CLICK HERE if you would like to be a part of the 2021-2022 Golden Valet Program. It is open to students who will be in fourth, fifth, and sixth grade.
Golden is very proud of our Valet Program. The program has been highly successful for the past eight years. It is essential that we, as parents and educators, do everything we can to ensure the safety of our children.
There are two lanes of traffic entering the driveway. When traveling west on Golden Avenue, a left turn may be made into the left-hand side of the driveway. When traveling east on Golden Avenue, you may enter the lot by turning right into the right-hand side of the driveway. The two lanes of traffic will merge into one lane shortly after entering the parking lot.
The Valet Program is endorsed by the Placentia Police Department who helped with the organization and training of 4th, 5th, and 6th-grade student volunteers. In the Valet Zone, students may only unload from the lane of traffic next to the curb. Please do not allow your child to exit your car on Golden Avenue or anywhere other than the specified Valet Zone.
Following some reminders regarding the general procedures for the Valet Zone:
- Please have student backpacks, lunches/lunch money, and students ready to exit the car before entering the drop-off area that is marked with orange cones.
- Pull up close to the curb so that valets do not have to step off the curb.
- Come to a complete stop in front of the valet for drop-off service, pulling forward as space is available.
- Make eye contact with the valet indicating approval for them to open the passenger door(s) for the student (s) to exit.
- Valets are to open and close the car doors.
- Students must exit on the passenger side of the car only (curbside)
- Student valets may assist with backpacks, etc.
- Right turns only are allowed when exiting the parking lot.
- The valet system will be in effect during the morning drop-off time only. However, the same flow of traffic will be followed at all times, including dismissals.
We thank you, again, for your observance with the above guidelines and are most appreciative of our student and parent volunteers who have given their time to this wonderful program. Following these practices helps to ensure the safe and efficient arrival and departure of Golden’s students.
The Golden Staff